5/18/2008

Worn out words

I think words are overused sometimes, and I think people somewhat agree with me. Why do (mostly) teenage girls say the word "like" all the time? Is it such that we have to compete and see who can say it the most in a single sentence? Ex: "So like then I like decided to like get on the like computer and like blog about this like word like." Haha! I catch myself talking sort of like that sometimes and it horrifies me! Just kidding! But really, what is the deal? Do all generations have to have something they say in almost every sentence? Such as the word "cool". I say that way too much. In the 60's and 70's the word was "groovy". The 80's was "rad". Well if we are going to have to have a word for my generation I wish it was something exciting. Like.... fantastical! Or divine! I like those.